Frick on a stick

Thanks for all your awesome feedback on TrueBlood and other fantastic TV shows.  You had some seriously great ideas! :mrgreen:

Friday Oats:  Apples & PB:

picture-0146

SinceUnburied Treasurewas my lunch on Thursday – I had planned on eating the salad I had packed Thursday for lunch on Friday – until I remembered there was FREE food for lunch! :grin:

picture-0172

Once a month in the summer, the Senior Team has a cookout for all the employees, and they always have veggie burgers!  I ended up with a veggie burger, pretzels (with some ranch), and a salad.  It was delicious, AND free – does it get any better?  :wink:

I finally got hungry again around 4pm – and broke into my PB&J flavored larabar:

picture-0214

This was my first time with this flavor – I have been dying to try it !

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the size of this bar is about 1/2 of the size of a normal bar??? :shock:

picture-0251

This was just good.  Not great, not earth shattering, not delicious.  It did taste like a PB&J sandwich, but all said and done, I wasn’t overly impressed:???:

When I got home – I was on my own for dinner (Mike had his Law Review Induction) – so I finally had the opportunity to make something I’d had in my head all week – FALAFELS WITH HOMEMADE TZIKI! :grin:

picture-0265

I used a little bit of yogurt, cucumbers, green onions, garlic salt, and dried chives:

picture-0451

Rather than a sauce – it was more like cucumber salad.  Cucumbers covered in a dressing, not a dressing with chunks of cucumber.

Look at the top right hand corner of this picture: :wink:

picture-050

My wrap had two store bought falafel balls, tziki, hot sauce, and red pepper flakes:

picture-0533picture-0571

Now THIS was super tasty!!!  :mrgreen:

Then, rather than behave myself and stay in and relax – I ended up going out! :wink:

Mike got home and wanted to celebrate his first week of law school being over, and his law review-i-ness, my brother Matt was ready to go out after a long first week of grad school, and my friend Angelina wanted to go out after a long work week – WHO WAS I TO SAY NO TO ALL 3 OF THEM?!?! :razz:

picture-0087

A standard night of debauchery ensued, and I’m moving slightly slower than usual today!  :wink:

picture-0053

Mike just ran out to Target and picked up Scrubs, Season 8 – the couch, TV, husband, and pup are calling my name – I must go! Any other Scrubs fans out there?  I crack up hysterically any time Elliot say “Frick” – she just called someone a “Frickhead” in the episode we are watching – love it!  :mrgreen:

Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!  :grin:

18 Comments so far

mm I’ve had a hankering for tzaziki for a while. (no idea how to spell that). A lot of people, put dill in theirs, but your version sounds great because I hate dill. I have to admit I’m a lover of the PB&J Larabar, but I agree the size is abnormally small! What’s with that!?

[Reply]

oh man congrats to your hubs on law review!! that’s fantastic! I have my first day of law school evah on Monday!! and I totally agree about the size of the larabar. When I ate it I was like 200 cals whaaat? That was gone in two bites!

Enjoy your Saturday!

Eaaaagle! I LOVE Scrubs!

[Reply]

Make me a middle eastern wrap, will ya Alison?!

HAPPY WEEKEND BEAUTIFFFFFFFFFFUL!

[Reply]

LANDO SPOTTING!! I haven’t had those pretzel nugs you had at lunch in so long – mmmm, loved ‘em!

I’m super bummed because I couldn’t find your falafel balls at any of my local grocery stores – boo to that :( FRICK! I love when she says that!

[Reply]

WOW yummy tziki and wraps! I had to get that on my to make list! Oh and of course falafels!

[Reply]

Oh! I love your dinner!! I just bought a falafel mix so I need to try this soon! Love your dog in the corner of the pic!

[Reply]

Yay for Ginger! I just posted about all the goodies you sent me! Thank you so much!!! Can’t wait to try everything! :)

[Reply]

thanks for your comments and i am loving your wrap my mum loves falafel and i am yet to try it it looks a tad hot for me but with tzaziki…yummy i may have to try it

[Reply]

I love scrubs. It’s bizzare in the best way!

That’s my general feeling on all larabars and they are damn small.

[Reply]

i love the title. LOVE THE TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER. great way to make homemade tzatzizkiskwisxazki i cant spell that word but i think it is delicious. cute photos of out and about! oh man.. people in utah say frick a lot. and fetch. and suck. and heck. and anything that sounds like a cuss word but isn’t…

[Reply]

lol I totally thought the PB&J bar was smaller too! But still tasty ;-)

[Reply]

I love Scrubs! I tend to watch hours of reruns if I’m up with Snuffy during the night.

[Reply]

Yum, that cucumber sauce looks great! Falafel is one of those things I haven’t tried yet and every time I see it I think “Dang, get with the program Em! That and the PB&J lara bar. But that one is more of a geographic problem since Utah is a little behind the times. :)

[Reply]

Aww, the dog in the corner is classic! The falafel looks so good, I am such a fan of Mediterranean foods like that, but I usually stick with the Fantastic brand’s quick recipe, it’s simple and so tasty.
Sorry you didn’t like the Larabar, I have heard such great things about it! Maybe you got a bad one, because it really does look very small, strange.

[Reply]

The peanut butter Larabars are my favorite, but they are small. I love Scrubs!! People are bastard-filled bastards with bastard coating – Perry Cox.

[Reply]

I have totally noticed the new Lara Bars are smaller! I have had the PB & J and the Tropical fruit tart. I thought it was just me! I’ll have to check out the German Chocolate Cake one when I eat it this week. Hmm…..not fair! ;)

BTW, if Taco Bell was GF, I would be all over the chili cheese burrito or chillito as they were called back in the day. I think that is really showing my age. ;) LOL!

[Reply]

[...] Shrinking Lara Bar Posted on September 1, 2009 by Kimberly I have been noticing, as have others around the blogosphere, that the Lara Bars seem to have gotten smaller recently.  I [...]

TrackBack URI

(required)

(required)

Search

Content

Hiya!

I'm Allison, and welcome to Green Dog Wine! My love of food (AND WINE!) took the freshman 15, to the college 50 for me. This blog is about my weight loss maintenance & healthy lifestyle, and my love of food, wine, and dogs! Cheers!
    Questions? Comments?