Maniac Magee

…of Baking, that is.  :razz: (man, I’m just a riot, aren’t I! :cool:   Not to mention COOL and so up to date on 5th grade reading list references… :shock: )

Starting around 5 o’clock this evening – I got down to some WAY overdue baking – and it went on for about 3 hours straight! :shock:

Since ya’ll may know what a “talented” (read: inept) baker I am, I thought I would share with you my trials and tribulations of this evening…and actually – I was 2 for 2 today – with SUCCESSES – HOW ABOUT THAT?! :mrgreen:

Supplies:1.10dslrnite 016 Recipe 1: Pretzels with some form of chocolate baked on top!

I made these a few weeks ago and they where a hit – so I figured I’d could pull it off again! :grin:

Candy Assembly Line:

1.10dslrnite 019 1.10dslrnite 0221.10dslrnite 021 Tray 1: out of the oven and successfully topped!  The combo of Kisses and PB&J M&Ms (that’s a lot of letters!) :wink: 1.10dslrnite 023 1.10dslrnite 024 1.10dslrnite 026 Tray 2: Reese’s Cups (and a few Rolo’s snuck in too), topped with almonds1.10dslrnite 034 1.10dslrnite 035 The 2nd recipe I tried out tonight – I’ve had my eye on for a LONG TIME, I just haven’t had the time to take the plunge.  The very second I read this post over on Matt’s blog – I knew I HAD to make these Gluten-Free Carrot Coconut Macaroons!

Ingredients:1.10dslrnite 042 I followed Christine’s recipe to a “T” – so head over to No Meat Athlete and check it out if you want the full recipe!

I also got a chance to test out this awesome sample I got from Xagave:1.10dslrnite 044

This stuff ROCKS! I OBVIOUSLY had to taste test the macaroons when there were finished – and I’m CERTAIN I could pass these off as a “normal” recipe to my family and friends!  I can’t wait to test Xagave out in my coffee tomorrow!

Macaroons all rolled and ready to go in the oven:1.10dslrnite 049 Fresh out of the oven, half drizzled with chocolate, half nekkid! :razz: 1.10dslrnite 050 Like I said – being that I’m shipping these off to friends – I couldn’t let them go out my door without taste testing at least one! :wink: 1.10dslrnite 051 I’m in LOVE! I think these look so pretty and fancy – and if I CAN BAKE THEM AND NOT SCREW THEM UP – you know it’s an easy recipe! :)   To me – they tasted like a piece of carrot cake, smushed together with a coconut macaroon – dipped in chocolate – HEAVEN! :mrgreen:   Enjoy!

20 Comments so far

Ahhh looks so good! I love those cute little pretzel “cookies”.. I would have absolutely no portion control around them!!

[Reply]

Holy cripes. I want one of those pretzel thingies. Or just all those IKEA bowls full of candy. Or just the HUGS. YUMMMMMMM!

[Reply]

OHmigosh that all looks so yummy!!!

[Reply]

I must remember the pretzel candy things. They look amazing(ly easy -perfect for me!), and at Christmas I prepare something for every coach’s family that James coaches with. That seems like an easy way to make tons of treats at once. Remind me next Christmas, ok? You better not forget, because I will! :)

[Reply]

WOW! Everything looks just amazing! You did a fabulous job. I would like some of those pretzels please :) Hope you have a good week. Sorry I’ve been a bad commenter.

[Reply]

I made those pretzel things recently too & I loved them, but I was curious if I could make them with something other than rolos. Good to know :)

[Reply]

Well done with the baking! Those macaroons sound so unique – I LIKE!!

[Reply]

I will be tracking down that maccaroon recipe! Anything and everything gluten-free, send my way! Everything looks so good! I don’t know what I would do with so many yummy treats hanging around…I think I’d have to find some friends to take them off my hands!

[Reply]

oh my gosh..never thought of making those cookies with reeses!!

[Reply]

OMG. I’ve made those pretzel thingys before, and they are so so good!

[Reply]

Delicious! And bravo to you for succeeding :)

[Reply]

Oh my goodness, that all looks SO so good!!

[Reply]

Oooo I love your “spin” on the rolo pretzels!! I think the pb cup ones look delish!! Who says you aren’t a good baker?! I think you’re making a comeback!

[Reply]

Way to become a baker! Those macaroons look delicious

[Reply]

I am apparently not up to date on my 5th grade reading because I have no idea who Maniac Magee is!

But those macaroons look great.

[Reply]

Ughhhhh those all look so yummy! You are an evil temptress!

[Reply]

WHAT are you doing to me?????? Those pics of the pretzels…OMG!!! I’m ready to throw away my 4 lb loss this week for just ONE SINGLE BITE!!!!!! Those look heavenly.
Hope you enjoyed your Great Lakes Christmas Ale on Friday… I miss being home for my Great Lakes Brew :(

[Reply]

LOOK AT YOU.. baking and shit! so proud. those macaroons look baller. and i think you need to put mister H in your header. just sayin. he may get jealous. mmm. i need to make those macaroons.

[Reply]

Wow. I adore macaroons and those look delicious. I have been pretty curious about Agave as I’ve been hearing about it now and then. I think I’m going to have to check it out..and head over to that blog for this recipe. :D

[...] Coconut Carrot Macaroons [...]

TrackBack URI

(required)

(required)

Search

Content

Hiya!

I'm Allison, and welcome to Green Dog Wine! My love of food (AND WINE!) took the freshman 15, to the college 50 for me. This blog is about my weight loss maintenance & healthy lifestyle, and my love of food, wine, and dogs! Cheers!
    Questions? Comments?